Thursday, March 02, 2006

You can't write this stuff

Today was the first spring exhibition game of the season. How more fitting a time to...immediately judge the ability of EVERY PLAYER ON THE SQUAD!

Actually, that's not true at all. But the exhibitions can still be a time when we can take a symbolic look at the season ahead, if you will. Today the Yankees played the Phillies at 1:05pm, and the Red Sox played the Twins at 7:05pm. Johnny Damon started in center for New York and Coco Crisp started in center for Boston.



Damon's debut performance was impressive. He went 2-3 with a double. Not bad. He didn't score any runs or knock any RBI, but not bad.




Coco's performance, after Johnny's was completed, was fantastic. Crisp trumped Damon offensively by going 3-3 with a double AND a triple. That's just a homer short of the cycle, people, and the guy might have done that if he had had a fourth at bat. Along with that, he scored a run AND he kocked one in.

Classic.



Perhaps even more fitting, the Sox and the Yankees both lost. By the same score. 3-6.

****
And right now I just want to gush for a minute. I love baseball season so much. Reading the box score today made me so happy. I realized that the last time I had done so was in October, and I really had missed it. The little things, people. This is my favorite time of year! :-)

No comments: