Friday, April 20, 2007

*Update* A-Rod for MVP's looking pretty realistic about now, isn't it?

A-Rod's now hit an unprecedented 10 homeruns in his team's first fourteen games, two of which have been walk-off shots. And in the Bronx, I have a feeling people are beginning to dig those #13 jerseys out of the back of their closets. I'm rather fond of this article by ESPN columnist Gene Wojciechowski, which states "[The New York Yankees] are being carried on the previously fragile shoulders of Rodriguez, who is shoving Barry Bonds, Dice-K, the Philadelphia Phillies Phree-fall -- and anyone else to temporary baseball irrelevancy." My favorite part of the ariticle was this side-bar (thanks to Screengrab! for allowing me to capture it), which shows just how offensively potent A-Rod is compared other entire lineups in the major leagues. I know, I know, I'm prattling on about a Yankee, but c'mon! This is unreal, and I've always said I'm a baseball fan first and a Red Sox fan second. Good for A-Rod for shoving it right in the faces of all those doubting fans, and let's hope that he decides to opt of his contract and take over for Mike Lowell in Boston's hot corner next season. ;-)
Source: ESPN.com - COLUMNIST - Wojciechowskie: 'A-Rod Gone Wild!'

No comments: