Friday, March 23, 2007

This and that...

So I finally finished all those Red Sox v. Yankees pieces, and it only took two months! What a difference a vacation from work makes.

-This Manny Ramirez grill business is ridiculous. The grill didn't even belong to him (it was his neighbor's), and the fact that bids for it on eBay reached the website's highest possible sum of $99,999,999.99 makes me think I just puked a little bit in my mouth. Luckily eBay pulled the grill from the site, as Ramirez's ownership of it could not, indeed, be verified. Gee, if I'd known that any item that a superstar gets his picture taken next to is immediately worth $100 million I'd have started my collection long ago...

-David Wright an MVP favorite? On Cold Pizza this morning, Jay Crawford referred to talking head (and Met's third baseman) David Wright as a favorite for the MVP vote. Now I'm as big a fan of Wright's as anyone this side of the Connecticut border, but I find it hard to believe in him as the favorite for MVP over Ryan Howard and Albert Pujols. Top ten in voting? Absolutely. Number one? Not likely.

-La Russa the sleep-driver. You idiot! You may or may not be one of the best managers in baseball, but for God's sake, man! If you've had to much to drink (or anything to drink, or even if you're sober) get a damn limo. Even if you're too cheap for a limo, get a damn cab! Way to go ruining your name and reputation for all the fans in St. Louis, smart-guy.

-Top cops bully Biggio into removing pin. C'mon Commissioner's Office! You're telling me that with all the negatives going on in baseball today, this is what you're actually going to show some real action on? If he was wearing the pin during the regular season, that would be a different store. But it's the gosh-flashugnah Grapefruit League! He wasn't hurting ANYONE, he wasn't improving his play AT ALL, and he was in fact representing a good cause! Score one for the tough guys.

No comments: